MINI COOPER S
1. The software is found on the evolve USB flashdrive,
titled ‘evolve-R.exe’. Copy and paste this file to your
desktop. Double-click to run - evolve-R software
is compatible with Windows©2000, Windows©Xp or
Windows©7. For use with Mac, please ensure you are
running Windows in Bootcamp, Parallels or VMWare
2. Plug the evolve-R cable into your PC USB port.
3. Upon launching the software, the drivers will be
4. Ensure all other software such as screensavers, power
saving mode, alarms or any other programs that
could interrupt the process are closed and that your
laptop has sufficient battery charge for at least 1 hours
operation or preferably plug into a mains supply. Do not
use the vehicle as a power supply.
* If the drivers are not automatically installed the software will not recognize the cable. At this point
please email technical support at [email protected]
• evolve-R opening screen. evolve-R software does not need to install, but simply launches directly from the ‘evolve-R’ file
EXTRACTING YOUR VEHICLE ECU DATA
1. Ensure your vehicle battery is sufficiently charged:
Start the car and allow a few minutes to idle before switching
back off. Ensure all lights, heating/air conditioning and
electrics are switched off and that no other battery draining
devices are connected. Also ensure your laptop has sufficient
battery and all interruptable software is disabled.
• IMAGE 2.A - THE OBD-II PORT IS FOUND UNDERNEATH THE DRIVERS SIDE DASHBOARD - ON THE LEFT OF THE
BRAKE (IMAGE ABOVE IS FROM A RIGHT HAND DRIVE MINI)
2. Firmly plug the evolve-R cable into your OBD-II diagnostics
port with the USB connected to your laptop. The Onboard
Diagnostic (OBD) interface socket is located on the left of the
driver’s side under the instrument panel and under a cover.
The cover has the letters OBD on it.Ensure your cable remains
secure at all times. (Image 2.A)
• image 2.B - evolve-R identifying the ecu
EXTRACTING YOUR VEHICLE ECU DATA
3. Place your Mini key into the slot, do not depress your clutch/
brake, and press ‘START’. Ignition will be on - not the engine.
5. Select ‘Read ECU Memory’. You will be prompted to save ECU
data. Select a secure location on your laptop to save this file.
4. On the evolve-R software, select ‘Identify ECU’. Vehicle
information will appear in the right hand dialog box (Image
2.B, previous page) and prompt you to code the cable to the
ECU, please select ‘Yes’. (Image 2.C)
6. The reading process should take no longer than a few minutes
(Image 2.D). Once reading is complete please attach this data
file to an email and send to [email protected]
Please allow upto 48 hours for receipt of your tuned data file.
• IMAGE 2.C - THE OBD-II PORT IS FOUND UNDERNEATH THE DRIVERS SIDE DASHBOARD - ABOVE THE CLUTCH
ON LEFT HAND DRIVE VEHICLES (IMAGE ABOVE IS FROM A RIGHT HAND DRIVE E46 3 SERIES)
• image 2.D - evolve-R identifying the ecu
FLASHING YOUR ECU
1. Once you have received your tuned data file, please save this
it to the same folder as your original file.
2. Follow steps 1-3 of ‘Extracting Your Vehicle ECU Data’
3. On the evolve-R software, select ‘Program ECU Memory’. You
will be prompted to select your new data file.
4. The flashing process will now begin (Image 3.A). Please
ensure this process is not interrupted in any way as
permanent ECU damage can occur.*
Please note that during the flashing process multiple error warnings may be triggered in some
cases. This is normal for certain ECU’s and does not represent an issue.
5. Once programming is 100% complete please switch off your
ignition and remove the evolve-R cable from your OBD-II port.
Wait 10 seconds before you start your engine.
Enjoy your new found powe-R!
Due to the adaptive nature of modern ECU’s a short running
period is required. This is usually no more than 20-80km’s.
* Interruption of this process involves any loss of power to the laptop or vehicle, the ignition being switched off or
unplugging of the cable.
• IMAGE 3.A - evolve-R WRITING DATA TO THE ECU
If you experience installation issues please contact [email protected]