HTL - IUT de Tarbes
HTM (HTL) Professional Degree
Management des structures d’Hébergements, de Thermoludisme et de Loisirs
Management of Holiday accommodation,
Spa fun tourism holidays and Leisure
Bac + 3
Higher Education (HE )
HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND TOURISM
Spa tourism, Handicap tourism
To train operational management staff (level II) in accommodation businesses (hotel management, social tourism,
holiday centres, etc.), in spa holidays (water cures and
fitness courses) and leisure centres (sports, accommodation
for handicapped people, cultural tourism, eco-tourism, etc.)
both in France and abroad.
• Jobs in the accommodation business:
Assistant accommodation manager, assistant holiday village
manager, assistant hotel manager, reception supervisor,
• Jobs in the tourist trade:
Tourism product manager, tourism sales technician, tourist
office manager, local tourism official, tourism project leader,
general leisure organiser.
• Conditions for admission: Admission based on application.
Principally open to: L2 Economics, L2 Management, L2 Economic and business management («AES»), L2 Sports science
(«STAPS»), HNDs and Foundation Degrees in tourism, trade,
management or sports subjects, or equivalent level.
The diploma can be taken either ab initio or through
It can be obtained by «recognition of experience».
• Application procedure:
Preliminary enrolment on the website
as from March.
CU1: General training
- “Catch-up” course,
- Financial analysis and cost control,
- Marketing of services,
- Tourism economics,
- Sociology of organisations and HRM,
- English, Spanish.
CU2: Further technological studies
- Organisation of production systems,
- Applied sciences and technologies,
- Marketing technology, E-commerce,
- Information systems and applied I.T.,
- Management of water cure and spa fun centres,
- Regulations, health and safety,
- Management and regulations for tourism and handicaps,
- Management of holiday and leisure accommodation.
CU3 and CU4:
- Tutored project,
- Introduction to applied research,
- 4 months’ internship in France and abroad.
Training period: 2 semesters
This Professional Degree is worth 60 European credits (ECTS),
i.e. 30 ECTS per validated semester.
Each semester is organised in capitalisable Course Units.
• Training from September to June
- 20 weeks of teaching,
- 16 weeks internship, with priority for placements in Spain,
the European Union and North Africa.
Student educational background?
BTS (HND) in Tourism
DUT (HND) in MCA-MT
Other DUTs (HNDs)
Other BTSs (BTECs)
The above values are percentages
Based on applications in 2008
Graduates in 2006-2007: 80% are currently employed.
2007-2008, 92% of our young graduates are currently integrated; 75% found a job at the end of their internship and
17% have gone on to take a Master in Tourism course.
CU1 - General training
CU2 - Further technological
CU3 - Tutored project
CU4 - Internship
- Comité Régional de Tourisme Midi-Pyrénées (Midi-Pyrénées
Regional Tourist Board),
- Hautes-Pyrénées Tourisme Environnement (HPTE) (Haute
Pyrénées Environment Tourism),
- Comité départemental Handisports 65 (Haute Pyrénées
- Lycée Marie Curie, Tarbes (BTS in Tourism),
- Federación de Hosteleria Restauración Cafeteria (HORECA)
- Estudios Superiores de Hosteleria de Zaragoza,
- Unions syndicales des Commissions ouvrières de l’Aragon,
- Cooperation with Venezuela / Mexico / ADIUT institute,
- University of Malaga, escuela universitaria de turismo,
- University of Zaragoza, escuela universitaria de turismo,
- Institute of Technology, Tralee (Ireland).
How to contact us
Training department office
IUT de Tarbes
e-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +33 (0)562 442 240
Fax: +33 (0)562 444 264
1 rue Lautréamont - BP1624
65016 TARBES - FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)562 444 204