MAP – PLAN Social Entrepreneurship Cafés
MAP – PLAN Social Entrepreneurship Cafés - 15/01/2014 - Strasbourg
A and K
Conseil Général du Bas-Rhin (CG67)
All cafés start at 19h30. The cafés and their hosts are:
1. “Social solidarity – Strengthening communities through social enterprise in Macedonia” by
Community Development Institute at B Cocolobo - 2 Rue des Glacières
2. “FairShares Model – The future of enterprise governance” by FairShares Association at C Pub
Mac Carthy - 6 Rue des Glacières
3. “Sharing and mutual capacity building among organizations supporting social entrepreneurs in
Europe” by Global Social Entrepreneurship Network (GSEN) at G Le Trolleybus - 14 Rue Sainte Barbe
4. “Work Intergration – Go for it!” by Go For Integration at I Tapas Toros - 8 Rue du Faubourg National
5. “Apéro Fiction – Imaginons ensemble un lieu pour l'innovation sociale à Strasbourg” by La
Scop Les 2 Rives (in French) at B Cocolobo - 2 Rue des Glacières
6. “Developing relationships from Rennes to Riga” by MOUVES Le Mouvement des Entrepreneurs
Sociaux at J L’Académie de la Bière - 17 rue Adolphe Seyboth
7. “European opportunities for the Dutch social enterprise sector” by Social Enterprise NL (in Dutch)
at E Le Raven Café - 5 place du Corbeau
8. “Social Entrepreneurship and CSOs in Western Balkans and Turkey” by TACSO Technical
Assistance for Civil Society Organisations at D Big Apple - 1 rue du Bain Finkwiller
9. “Local Impact Funds – A way of growing a local social economy” by The Social Investment
Business Group (The SIB Group) at F Les BerThoM - 18 rue des Tonneliers
10. “Innovation at the intersection of social enterprise, charity, journalism, and pro bono legal
advice” by Thomson Reuters Foundation at H Le Golden Gate - 63 rue du Fossé des Tanneurs
Social Entrepreneurship Cafés
We’re bringing the city of Strasbourg to life with 10 exciting cafés on social entrepreneurship! Join in the debate on
Wednesday 15 January from 19h30 until late. The following descriptions outline the discussion topics of the cafés.
1. Social solidarity – Strengthening communities through social enterprise in Macedonia (English)
How can we strengthen the capacities of individuals, organisations and institutions to build a more democratic and
multicultural society that represents the needs of all its citizens? Can social enterprise empower citizens to find
innovative solutions to the challenges in their community?
2. FairShares Model – The future of enterprise governance (English)
Imagine an enterprise where the knowledge creation model of Wikipedia is combined with the governance model of
the John Lewis Partnership and the values and principles of the Cooperative Group. Can we create fair and
transparent governance whereby every adult becomes a co-owner of the organisations on which they depend?
3. Sharing and mutual capacity building among organisations supporting social entrepreneurs in Europe
(English with French interpretation available)
The EU Entrepreneurship 2020 Action Plan and the Social Business Initiative both value the contribution of social
entrepreneurs to social and economic wellbeing in the EU. What can be done to enhance early stage support to social
entrepreneurs and how could the Commission support this? How can we encourage peer learning between social
entrepreneur support agencies across the EU?
4. Work Integration – Go for it! (French with English interpretation available)
Let's have a glass of wine and talk about professional and social integration. Let's exchange good practices about
work integration projects and social enterprises, possibilities of improvement and ways of cooperation to help the most
excluded from the job market.
5. Apéro Fiction – Imaginons ensemble un lieu pour l'innovation sociale à Strasbourg (French)
Ce soir-là, nous mettrons à l'épreuve votre créativité et envisagerons ensemble la conception d'un espace collaboratif
dédié à l'innovation sociale à Strasbourg ! Cet espace collaboratif aura pour objectif de créer une communauté
apprenante au sein de laquelle les entrepreneurs sociaux trouveront soutien et aide au développement : en prémisse
de sa création, venez partager votre vision d'un tel espace, rêver ensemble à ce lieu de travail et de rencontre !
6. Developing relationships from Rennes to Riga (French-English)
Citizens, organisations and governments across Europe are facing the same problems. Social enterprises are
providing solutions but to take this work from local to global scale, we need to create a Europe-wide community of
social entrepreneurs who work together. How can we foster relationships between social entrepreneurs and develop
these partnerships? Mouves will provide drinks for participants.
7. European opportunities for the Dutch social enterprise sector (Dutch)
The Dutch Social Enterprise sector is growing rapidly, but most entrepreneurs are not aware of the efforts the EU
undertakes to stimulate the sector and support social entrepreneurs. How can we bring Dutch social entrepreneurs
and policy makers together to strengthen the impact of these social economy policies. Social Enterprise NL will
provide drinks and snacks for participants.
8. Social Entrepreneurship and CSOs in Western Balkans and Turkey (English)
In the EU and elsewhere, boundaries between business, civil society and governmental sectors have become blurred
over the last few years. Social enterprise is developing and government bodies are cooperating more closely with civil
society and the private sector. Join us to discuss how social entrepreneurship is taking hold in the Western Balkans
and Turkey. TACSO will provide drinks and snacks for participants with live Balkan fusion music from 20:30hrs.
9. Local Impact Funds – A way of growing a local social economy (English)
The social investment market is growing but further support is required to allow social enterprises to grow. Local
Impact Funds provide a locally-led solution to direct the existing supply of finance to where it is most needed. How will
it bridge the gap between demand and supply and can it be applied in other countries?
10. Innovation at the intersection of social enterprise, charity, journalism, and pro bono legal advice (English)
Innovation is critical to social change. It is at the heart of the Thomson Reuters Foundation’s work and has driven their
creation of the world’s leading market place for free legal assistance. But what does innovation mean to you? Join us
to share experiences and discuss how innovation is leading to social change for our societies. Thomson Reuters
Foundation will provide drinks for participants.